Friday

Custom Menu DIY

Happy Friday everyone! With Thanksgiving only six days away (I almost fell over this morning when I realized it) I got to thinking about custom menus and their many uses. The one I have here is based on my dinner this year.



You don't have to be a graphic designer to do this. Just be sure to use a good cardstock or heavy resume paper in ivory.

Frame: The Graphics Fairy. You will have to resize the image slightly to fit on standard 8 1/2 by 11 paper.
Menu Font: Kelly Ann Gothic
Script Font: Angelica from New Revolutions Designs
Headers: Copperplate Gothic Light (standard on all programs)

If you feel the menu is too large, turn the page to 'landscape' and make two menus side by side. Again, you'll have to shrink the frame image, but that's fairly simple. Also consider your color palette when doing the text. If you have any questions, send me an email and I'll try to help.

Whether for the holidays, dinner for two, or your wedding, custom menus add elegance and personal detail.

No comments: